Hi there,
It has been awhile since I have posted so I will do a bit of a recap. The day after we arrived in Chapel Hill we had our first build day. We framed up a house for Habitat in addition to some other odd jobs. It was a good day of volunteering as framing is always fun work that you can easily see your progress with. It was also nice to finally be good at something this trip. I felt my construction skills were put to good use. The day concluded with some light festivities in Chapel Hills Franklin street.
The next day was a day off so we went to one of the riders house for a pool party. It was very unreal to go from cycling and building to normal summer actives but it was a lot of fun and provided so much needed relaxation. The next day I sadly left the group to go up to Richmond for a good friends wedding.
The wedding was a lot of fun and it was good to see old friends again. It made me remember how much I miss the old crew and that I should take more time to keep up with them. It was rather weird seeing a good friend get married but nice to see him settle down with someone I know he loves every much. The next day after a good bit of traveling I was back with the team in Charlotte NC.
While it was weird being away it almost felt like home returning to them. The next day was another build day which went relatively well. We replaced a roof in a house and while the work was good there was not quite enough for 31 people. After the work we headed off to yet another pool party at a very nice house in Charlotte. IT was again quite a bit of fun but I was starting to fall asleep pretty early on.
Today we did about 88 miles or so and it felt good to be back in the saddle. The only thing that really hurts now is some new keen pain that has sprung up. I am currently icing it as I type and hopefully it wont amount to too much. I took it relatively easy today knowing that the real challenge would be tomorrow. Tomorrow morning we wake up at 5 to head to Ashville NC and this will mark are first day of real mountains. It should be difficult but I am looking forward to getting it over with. The trip has been a blast so far but I am starting to get a little home sick given that there is so much more to go. My determination is strong and as long as my body holds out I will continue on.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment