Well where to start......
We have finished crossing the applications but not without some disappointments along the way. After leaving Asheville we had to cross so major mountains and the blue ridge park way. This meant going over two major mountains with as much as 9% grade. The first one was long but I made it to the top and enjoyed the nice ride down. I even got to talk to some friendly motorcyclists. The second mountain was a different story. As I climbed the sun had started to drop. The leaders had to make a decision as we had been biking for about 11 hours and so all riders who were not at the top of the mountain by 530 would be put in the Van. I was about 4 or 5 miles away when I got pulled. It was very frustrating and disappointing not to make it to the top and cross over into TN on my own power but it was the right call to make. In all a third of our trip was pulled off the road for the day.
The other days in TN have been pretty relaxed with easy rides and a build day. I still greatly enjoy the build days as I am able to feel more confident with them than with riding. Tomorrow and Thursday should be trough rides, we shall see how the body holds up.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment