Thursday, May 21, 2009

Century and Chapel Hill

Greetings from Chapel Hill,
Today was a pretty relaxed day but yesterday was the big one. The trip was suppose to be around 84 miles but do so some errors on our directions we ended up going about 100 miles, or a Century as the bike lingo goes. The first part of the day was pretty easy but I started to fade in the middle. Around mile 70 or so I got my second wind and when we learned that we were going to have go to another 20+ miles my second wind seem to kick in. Our trip leader said that we might be the earliest trip on record to do a century this soon. I felt pretty accomplished by the end of the day but definitely felt the toll on my body. Sleep came very soon that night.

Today wasn't bad except for a few major hills. I am sure though, that these will pail in comparison to the up coming mountains. We got a very warm reception from the folks at Chapel Hill and our first build day is tomorrow. Until then...

2 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend, get lots of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your first century and first week accomplished. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete