Hey all,
So sadly this leg of the trip does not allow for much time on the Internet so the blog posts are still going to be few and far between. We have journeyed through much of Arizona and it has been a very interesting experience. The first part was through the northern region in many different Indian reservations. Much of this land was very desolate but had some beautiful canyons and rock formations.
We then traveled into the Grand Canyon. It was easily the most impressive and awe inspiring scenery that we have come across. The pictures you see of it simply do not do it justice. I only wish we had more time to spend in it, to go hiking and exploring. I am already making plans to come back again.
We are currently in Prescott AZ and have just finished up our final build days. We have only 7 more ride days till our final destination of San Diego. It is mind blowing to think of everything we have done and how far we have come. I am ready for a break but I know already that I don't want such an amazing trip to end.
On a tragic note, one of our Riders had to leave our trip yesterday. She sustained an injury in the Rockies and an infection has spread prompting medical care. She should be fine but it was horribly heartbreaking for her and for us to have to leave the trip so close to the end. Jackie if you are reading this, we miss you already and wish you a quick recovery. We can't wait to see you in San Diego.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment